Program Manager, Events, Marketing, & Brand Strategy
NEVCA Program Manager, Marketing, Events, and Brand Strategy (2-4 years experience)
The NEVCA seeks a Marketing, Events, and Brand Strategy Manager to join the team in a full-time capacity. Ideal candidates will have experience supporting or leading large scale events, supporting or managing complex marketing campaigns, and creating high-quality written and visual content.
- Develop and execute social media and newsletter / content strategy to drive audience engagement with NEVCA, Hack.Diversity, and TechGen brands
- Leverage strategy and execution to drive attendance at NEVCA events
- Utilize channels to promote awareness of NEVCA’s suite of initiatives: TechGen, Hack.Diversity, Young VC
- Work with team to conceptualize product and event strategy, set budget and key performance metrics for individual events and the year as a whole year, reporting on results
- Oversee delivery of events on budget, and creatively use resources to ensure the ongoing financial health of the organization
- Design and deliver events that meet the programmatic and quality goals of NEVCA, ensuring flawless experiences for event participants, sponsors, vendor partners, volunteers, board members and staff
- Maintain strong internal and external communications with all key stakeholders, including but not limited to attending board meetings, liaising with potential sponsors, speakers, and partners in formal and informal networking environments
- Conduct research with senior-level professionals to validate program ideas and assess competitive landscape
- Develop evaluation frameworks to assess the strengths of event experiences and content delivery mechanisms to identify areas for improvement
- Lead agenda strategy, speaker recruitment & management
- Mange rebranding effort for NEVCA website
- Contribute to defining brand and marketing strategy for Hack.Diversity program
- Work with team to develop new monetization strategies for all NEVCA digital content
- Manage PR and media relationships
Ideal candidate is a strong multi-tasker: smart, disciplined, responsible; a strong communicator: verbal and written, with a high EQ; personable, and likes to work both collaboratively and independently. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and love creating organizational processes; have proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suite. Must be available to begin work by January 31, 2016.
Position is full-time. Entry to mid-level salary range, commensurate with experience. Three weeks of paid vacation per year plus week between Christmas and New Year’s, and federal holidays. Opportunity to attend a wide variety of startup community events and meet hundreds of VCs, entrepreneurs, and other amazing people in Boston’s innovation community. BYOT (bring your own technology).
How to Apply
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter (or other demonstration of your written ability, creativity, and passion).